1. What is the IP deal with of your host? What is the IP deal with of the destinationhost?
If this were application layer, it would have actually source and also location port numbers. However, this is making use of netoccupational layer so those are not necessary.
You are watching: Why is it that an icmp packet does not have source and destination port numbers?
3. Examine one of the ping request packets sent by your host. What are the ICMPkind and code numbers? What various other fields does this ICMP packet have? Howmany kind of bytes are the checkamount, sequence number and identifier fields?
kind 8, code 0.
Each field consists of 2 bytes.4. Examine the equivalent ping reply packet. What are the ICMP kind and codenumbers? What various other fields does this ICMP packet have? How many bytes are thecheckamount, sequence number and identifier fields?
5. What is the IP address of your host? What is the IP attend to of the target location host?
hold IP – 22.214.171.124
my IP – 10.33.157.126
6. If ICMP sent out UDP packets rather (as in Unix/Linux), would the IP protocol number still be 01 for the probe packets? If not, what would certainly it be?
It would certainly actually be various if ICMP sent out UDP packets. Instead of 01 it would certainly be switched to 0 X 11.
7. Examine the ICMP echo packet in your screenshot. Is this different from the ICMP ping query packets in the first fifty percent of this lab? If yes, how so?
The echo packets have the exact same ones as the ping query.
8. Examine the ICMP error packet in your screenshot. It has actually more areas than the ICMP echo packet. What is included in those fields?
The ICMP error packet contains the header and also the original 8 bytes of the ICMP packet that the error was for.
See more: Who Has More Superiority, The Left Hand Man Vs Right Hand Man
9. Examine the last three ICMP packets received by the source host. How are these packets various from the ICMP error packets? Why are they different?
Instead of being form 11, the last 3 packets are all kind 0. They are various bereason they have all arrived before the TLL expires.
10. Within the tracert dimensions, is tright here a attach whose delay is significantly much longer than others? Refer to the screenswarm in Figure 4, is tright here a attach whose delay is significantly much longer than others? On the basis of the rexternal names, can you guess the area of the two routers on the end of this link?