Take the quiz to test your understanding of the essential ideas spanned in the chapter. Try trial and error yourself before you review the chapter to check out wright here your staminas and weaknesses are, then test yourself aget once you’ve check out the chapter to view exactly how well you’ve taken.
You are watching: Which of the following is true of moderators?
Tip: Click on each attach to expand also and check out the content. Click aacquire to collapse.
PART A: PRINCIPLES AND PLANNING FOR RESEARCH
1. Which of the complying with need to not be a criterion for a great research lutz-heilmann.info project?Demonstrates the abilities of the researcherIs dependent on the completion of various other projectsDemonstrates the integration of various fields of knowledgeDevelops the skills of the researcher
2. Which develop of thinking is the procedure of drawing a certain conclusion from a set of premises?Objective reasoningPositivistic reasoningInductive reasoningDeductive reasoning
3. Research that looks for to examine the findings of a examine by using the same architecture but a various sample is which of the following?An exploratory lutz-heilmann.infoA replication lutz-heilmann.infoAn empirical lutz-heilmann.infoHypothesis testing
4. A researcher deindications an experiment to test exactly how variables communicate to influence job-seeking behaviours. The major function of the lutz-heilmann.info was:DescriptionPredictionExplorationExplanation
5. Cyber bullying at occupational is a thriving hazard to employee project satisfactivity. Researchers desire to uncover out why people perform this and also just how they feel about it. The primary objective of the research is:DescriptionPredictionExplorationExplanation
6. A theory:Is an gathered body of knowledgeIncludes inconsequential ideasIs independent of research methodologyShould be viewed uncritically
7. Which lutz-heilmann.info method is a bottom-up method to research?Deductive methodExplanatory methodInductive methodExploratory method
8. How much confidence should you place in a single research lutz-heilmann.info lutz-heilmann.info?You need to trust lutz-heilmann.info findings after different researchers have actually replicated the findingsYou need to totally trust a solitary research lutz-heilmann.infoNeither a nor bBoth a and also b
a: You have to trust research lutz-heilmann.info findings after different researchers have replicated the findings
9. A qualitative research lutz-heilmann.info difficulty statement:Specifies the lutz-heilmann.info approaches to be utilizedSpecifies a research lutz-heilmann.info hypothesisExpresses a connection in between variablesConveys a feeling of arising design
10. Which of the complying with is a great research question?To develop a report on student job searching behavioursTo identify the connection in between self-efficacy and student project looking behavioursStudents with higher levels of self-efficacy will demonstrate even more energetic project searching behavioursDo students with high levels of self-efficacy demonstrate even more active task searching behaviours?
d: Do students through high levels of self-efficacy demonstrate more active job searching behaviours?
11. A evaluation of the literature before formulating research lutz-heilmann.info inquiries enables the researcher to :Provide an up-to-day knowledge of the topic, its definition, and also structureGuide the advancement of lutz-heilmann.info questionsPresent out the kinds of research lutz-heilmann.info methodologies supplied in previous studiesAll of the above
12. Sometimes a substantial review of the literature before information arsenal is not recommfinished by:EthnomethodologyGrounded theorySymbolic interactionismFeminist theory
13. The feasibility of a research lutz-heilmann.info have to be considered in light of:Cost and time required to conduct the lutz-heilmann.infoAccess to gatekeepers and also respondentsPotential honest concernsAll of the above
14. Research that offers qualitative approaches for one phase and quantitative techniques for the following phase is well-known as:Action researchMixed-method researchQuantitative researchPragmatic research
15. Research hypotheses are:Formulated prior to a review of the literatureStatements of predicted relationships in between variablesB yet not ABoth A and B
16. Which research lutz-heilmann.info technique is based on the epistemological viewsuggest of pragmatism?Quantitative researchQualitative researchMixed-approaches researchAll of the above
17. Adopting ethical ethics in research means:Avoiding damage to participantsThe researcher is anonymousDeception is only supplied as soon as necessarySelected informants offer their consent
18. A radical perspective on values says that:Researchers deserve to do anything they wantThe usage of checklists of honest actions is essentialThe powers of Institutional Rewatch Boards need to be strengthenedEthics should be based upon self-reflexivity
19. Ethical troubles can aincrease as soon as rebrowsing the Internet because:Everyone has accessibility to digital mediaRespondents might fake their identitiesResearchers may fake their identitiesWeb lutz-heilmann.info hregarding be covert
20. The Kappa statistic:Is a measure of inter-judge validityCompares the level of agreement in between 2 judges versus what can have actually been predicted by chanceRanges from 0 to +1Is acceptable above a score of 0.5
b: Compares the level of agreement in between 2 judges against what might have actually been predicted by chance
1. Which research paradigm is most pertained to around generalizing its findings?Quantitative researchQualitative researchMixed-approaches researchAll of the above
2. A variable that is presumed to cause a adjust in one more variable is called:An intervening variableA dependent variableAn independent variableA numerical variable
3. A research of teaching specialists posits that their performance-associated pay increases their incentive which consequently leads to a boost in their project satisfaction. What sort of variable is ‘motivation”’ in this lutz-heilmann.info?Extraneous ConfoundingInterveningManipulated
Browser not supported
You are making use of a browser version that is no longer sustained by this webwebsite and also could result in a less-than-optimal suffer.
See more: Why Did Southern States Feel Betrayed By President Zachary Taylor?
To ensure full website usability, please usage an alternate web web browser or upgrade your variation of Net Explorer.