Idiom Scenario 1
Your web browser does not assistance the audio facet.
You are watching: What does the idiom down in the mouth mean
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You're looking a small sad.
Friend 2: The financial institution turned down my organization loan application.
Frifinish 1: Well, no feeling being dvery own in the mouth. Fix up your application and also go to another financial institution.
Idiom Scenario 2
Your internet browser does not support the audio facet.
Two friends are talking ...
Frifinish 1: Have you seen Jim lately?
Friend 2: I observed him yesterday. He was looking dvery own in the mouth. What happened?
Friend 1: He lost his job.
Friend 2: I'd be unhappy, also.
(to be) dvery own in the mouth - Usage:
Usage Frequency Index: 44
(to be) dvery own in the mouth - Gerund Form:
Being down in the mouth as soon as you shed your project is just herbal.
(to be) down in the mouth - Examples:
1) ... buddy did me no favours and left me looking a little down in the mouth and in the bottom. So I ditched her. Now I have no BFF.
2) To be down in the mouth indicates that someone's expression is sad; they are absolutely not smiling.
3) ... will certainly not inflict our negativity on everyone else... when we feel down in the mouth, we put on a brave smile for the civilization and bring on doing our ...
4) ... not negative, so why are you still looking a little bit down in the mouth?
5) ... as the cave-dwelling miscreant, Gollum. He looks just as down in the mouth as ever before, doesn't he?
6) Never before ceases to amaze me how downbeat, downtrodden and down in the mouth human being in this city have the right to be..... lighten up, be proud and gain life ...
7) When someone is down in the mouth, they look unhappy, discouraged or depressed.
8) ... they look unhappy, discouraged or depressed. You look a little bit down in the mouth. What's the matter?
9) ... don't go to the physician once they're feeling a little bit down in the mouth.
10) Q: How did Jonah feel after he obtained swallowed by a fish? A: Down in the mouth.
11) ... positive, enthusiastic will have a different result than if you are down in the mouth, negative and lack luster.
12) ... ongoing to forage however simply by observing them they showed up miserable and also down in the mouth.
13) Looking earlier, he says: "It shook us all really. We were all dvery own in the mouth, we had no work to go to and the place was gaining run dvery own so bad.
14) Guy in the present, brings such a realistic down-in-the mouth perspective to the character at this suggest that you’ll feel as if you could scrape him off the sidewalk.
15) But it’s hard to buck years of tradition and also I kbrand-new hubby and kid would certainly be down in the mouth without their roast turkey, turcrucial sandwiches and also soup.
16) Why is everyone so depressed? Everywhere I go and everyone I listen to is utterly down in the mouth around South Africa.
17) I left the office for residence a little down in the mouth, though, after being told that part-timer sporting activities clerks don't gain bylines – but was astounded as soon as following morning's newspaper arrived and also did have my first expert crmodify.
18) He describes feeling dvery own in the mouth and also looking in a mirror and perceiving himself as ugly, which is really fascinating.
19) Tetchy and saddle-sore, and a little dvery own in the mouth at being daughter-less aobtain after dropping mine off at her mother’s cottage ...
See more: What Is Another Word For Mental Retardation, 100+ Synonyms & Antonyms For Mental Retardation
20) For all the pity party and also the down-in-the mouth talk in the campaign, in truth there is not a stronger perkid on the earth.