Idiom Scenario 1
Your web browser does not support the audio facet.
You are watching: What does rotten to the core mean
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I am afraid that we are going to have to retract our offer to carry out company in your nation.
Colleague 2: Why is that?
Colleague 1: Your federal government is rotten to the core and also we are simply not comfortable moving forward in such a dishonest and also corrupt environment.
Idiom Scenario 2
Your browser does not assistance the audio element.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Do not end up being connected through Frank. He will certainly lie, cwarmth and also steal to gain what he desires. He will certainly play on your emovements and also tell you sad stories around his family members and also just how a lot they require assist yet he is really simply a sociocourse.
Friend 2: Sounds prefer he is rotten to the core. Thanks for the warning. I will certainly protect against Frank altogether.
(to be) rotten to the core - Usage:
Usage Frequency Index: 333
(to be) rotten to the core - Gerund Form:
Being rotten to the core, we decided not to carry out organization with that company.
(to be) rotten to the core - Examples:
1) Apple is rotten to the core amassing billions on the backs of poorly passist labourers.
2) That's wright here the world's financial instance is: it's rotten to the core because of fractional reserve banking and fiat currencies, and entirely corrupt ...
3) ... the dilemma the patient was in. The entirety patients' complaint procedure is rotten to the core, as they hide behind their unions, and the patient, ...
4) The presidents in those republics are all businessmen, agents or puppets of a bourgeoisie rotten to the core and also besmirched from head to foot with mud and blood.
5) Tright here is no point attempting to solve a system which is now rotten to the core.
6) Since commercial society is figured as rotten to the core, the apocalyptic clean-move is a positive point.
7) ... is paper over the cracks to save the status quo but the totality device is rotten to the core.
8) That location is overrun by rotten to the core children whose parents only problem is when their benefits arrive.
9) Witnesses were intimidated, disshowed up or imprisoned for perjury by a court rotten to the core.
10) ... work and also no childcare anymeans currently in old age we are greatly penalised by a rotten to the core state pension system which denies us full pension.
11) As a person who makes his living projecting his hatreds bigotry and rotten to the core evil, on his political adversaries, is he really admitting that ...
12) This shows that the totality financial structure is rotten to the core and the so dubbed supervisors are insufficient and ethically bankrupt.
13) Maybe enough superficial beauty and elegance to acquire the sale, yet under the hood rotten to the core.
14) ... and covered up. It is as many kind of of us suspected. The corporation is rotten to the core and also the public has actually been disgracefully deceived on this concern and also possibly ...
15) The BBC is corrupt and rotten to the core. It might create some great programmes about pets or art yet ...
16) All without exception hopelessly rotten to the core, I'm afrassist, and totally past redemption.
17) Tbelow are facets within the two primary parties, who are exceptionally arrogant and also rotten to the core, and also are colluding to maintain the condition quo, and also cover ...
18) This country demands revolution to remove the stinking, rotten to the core crooks that run our country at almost every level.
19) The country is rotten to the core and tbelow is clearly a substantial cover up going on in between developers ...
See more: Why Is The Vlookup Function Used More Often Than Other Lookup Functions?
20) Then tright here are those that think that the entirety industry is rotten to the core and also there isn't a decent dog perchild within the greyhound game.