2. verb, slang To ignore or deliberately prevent a perboy, planned event, or duty, frequently to execute something frivolous rather. In this consumption, a noun or pronoun can be offered between "blow" and also "off." I blew off course this afternoon and checked out the mall rather. Tom and I were expected to go on a date tonight, however he entirely blew me off!
3. verb To connect in frivolous or unproductive tasks. Speak blowing off and simply work-related on your paper!
4. verb To explode off of something, generally because of an increase in pressure that have to be released. If you keep shaking that bottle of soda, the cap is going to blow off!
5. verb To voice one"s anger or frustration. I"m sorry to rant prefer that, however work is so frustrating appropriate now that I required to blow off a small.
You are watching: What does it mean to blow someone off
6. verb To deceive or swindle someone or somepoint. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be offered in between "blow" and " off." Ever since Todd discovered out I have actually money, I gain the feeling that he"s trying to blow me off.
8. noun An discussion. In this consumption, the expression is regularly hyphenated. Have you 2 reconciled after your blow-off last week?
9. noun The act of ignoring someone. I believed our date went well, however he appears to be offering me the blow off now—he hasn"t referred to as in days.
10. noun The last in a collection of recurring offenses or problems that causes one to ultimately lose patience. In this usage, the phrase is often hyphenated. My mom"s catty comments commonly annoy me, but once she insulted my husband, that was the blow off!
11. noun Something that is very straightforward to do. In this usage, the expression is frequently hyphenated. Come on, these chores are a blow-off—you can gain them done in 10 minutes.
See more: Explain Why Did The Renaissance Start In Italy, Explain Why The Renaissance Began In Italy
12. noun One who prioritizes frivolous activities over necessary or abundant ones. In this usage, the expression is frequently hyphenated. Stop being such a blow-off and simply job-related on your paper!
2. tv. to cwarmth someone or a group; to deceive someone or a team. Don’t attempt to blow me off! I recognize what’s what.
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a frifinish around us, include a link to this page, or visit the webmaster"s web page for free fun content.Link to this page: blow someone/somepoint off
All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literary works, location, and also other reference data is for informational functions just. This indevelopment need to not be considered finish, as much as day, and is not intended to be supplied in location of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other skilled.