Idiom Scenario 1
Your browser does not assistance the audio element.
You are watching: Take a page out of your book
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I started tracking my lunch prices last month. I can't believe just how a lot money I am spfinishing buying lunch out.
Colleague 2: It sure adds up to rather a huge cost. What are you going to execute around it?
Colleague 1: I am going to take a web page out of your book and start packing my own lunches.
Colleague 2: I have actually been making my very own lunches for years, as you recognize. I like the tranquility and quiet of finding a nice park bench and also quietly enjoying my very own high quality food. And it is absolutely a lot healthier than eating out.
Idiom Scenario 2
Your web browser does not assistance the audio element.
Two parental fees are talking ...
Mother: With 2 youngsters so cshed in age, it was just a matter of time prior to the younger one began imitating the older one.
Father: What is the young lady approximately now?
Mother: She has actually taken a page out of her older brother's book and began hiding the crusts of her peanut butter sandwiches under her bed.
Father: I assumed we had actually dealt with that difficulty. I had hoped that we had actually stopped that behavior prior to the younger one picked up the poor halittle.
Test Your Understanding
to take a page out of someone's book- In the News
to take a web page out of someone's book- Usage:
Usage Frequency Index: 241
to take a page out of someone's book- Gerund Form:
Taking a web page out of his friends book, he modeled his behavior similarly.
to take a web page out of someone's book- Examples:
1) That looks wonderful Rhonda! If just Canadians can take a page out of your book!
2) I think I should take a page out of your book and also obtain over my camera-shyness.
3) That's children for you. If just we all can take a page out of their book and learn to forprovide and forget as quick as they carry out.
4) Perhaps we could all take a page out of Graham's book and learn from it! We are never also old ...
5) So, I'll have to take a page out of Yazz's book and dabble in a bit of wicked rhyming.
6) Kanye recently told her that she need to stop wearing so a lot makeup and also take a page out of Kate's au natural book.
7) ... urges human being to copy remarkable investors more frequently. You might want to take a page out of his book and also improve your portfolio.
8) I likewise hope that after this year the powers that be take a page out of Amerihave the right to Idol's book and switch up their hosts.
9) Google and Samsung seriously have to take a page out of Nokia, Microsoft, and Apple's style playbook.
10) What a good idea, I really must take a page out of your book because ...
11) The just logic I can concerned is that they were trying to take a page out of Hell Pizza's marketing book. Do something outrageous and also controversial ...
12) In some means, I wish Congress would take a page out of the software program developer handbook and pass "beta" law and also legislative upqualities ...
13) ... a look at what these athletes execute and exactly how they execute it and also take a page out of their book. And bereason what they do is so impressive, let ...
14) Both the left and the ideal must take a page out of the libertarian handbook and also focus only on stuff that confirms what they currently ...
15) When it comes to employer sensitivity, take a page out of the books of any type of of a dozen virtual providers prefer Google, Yahoo ...
16) I collection out on the weekend, taking a page out of your beauty book by taking simply one product through me for the day.
17) It appears Facebook are taking a page out of Google's book by developing an in-home identical to the Google AdSense platdevelop.
18) So, in taking a page out of the book Richard Branson; what big passion will you pursue?
19) You youngsters would do well taking a page out of my book. She was always instructing everyone all the moment.
See more: Synonyms For Go Through With A Fine Tooth Comb, Go Over/Through (Something) With A Fine
20) Taking a page out of the French Rdevelopment, he storms the priboy, setting felons complimentary.