There are countless English idioms that contain the word ‘hand’ however in this video, Rictough defines the interpretation and also usage of the prevalent English expression, to recognize somepoint prefer the back of your hand
Know somepoint prefer the back of your hand – Video
View this video on You Tube
Hello. To know somepoint choose the back of your hand suggests that you understand that perkid or that point incredibly, very well. For instance, you could say, “I understand Hong Kong like the back of my hand.” That would mean, I know Hong Kong very, incredibly well and I won’t gain shed. You deserve to usage it for world, too. “I recognize you choose the ago of my hand”. For instance, if your friend is looking unhappy and also he says he isn’t, you have the right to say, “Yes you are, I recognize you choose the earlier of my hand!” So, execute you recognize anyone choose the earlier of your hand? Please leave a lutz-heilmann.infoment listed below, we’d love to hear from you.
You are watching: Know like the back of my hand
10 More Idioms With The Word ‘Hand’
Tbelow are many type of English expressions through the word ‘hand’ in them. Here are simply 10 even more examples. For a more thorough list, checks the links below.
1. Bite the hand that feeds you
– to harm someone who is good to you or does things to help you
Example:Seeing as they are paying for you to go to university, Susan, I think you should think again around not inviting them to your wedding. I recognize you can’t stand your father or his new wife but why bite the hands that feeds you?
2. Change hands
– to be offered, taken over or offered by someone else
Example:We go to a various pub ever before because the Globe readjusted hands.
3. Caught with one’s hand also in the till/cookie jar
– to be captured doing something wrong or illegal or to be captured stealing something (often money)
Example: No, she hasn’t operated right here since she was caught with her hands in the cookie jar. Apparently, she was taking house at least 15 kilos of meat each week.
4. Take a firm hand also via someone/something
– to be strict or take strict manage of someone or something
Example: If you don’t take a firm hand with her now, she will shed all feeling of self-control and run riot later in life.
5. Live from hand also to mouth
– to live on incredibly little money
Example:My parental fees never took pleasure in the privileged life we all take for granted. They prospered up living hand to mouth.
6. Give/lend someone a hand
– to help someone with something
Example:Today’s mandarin lesson was really hard. Do you think you might provide me a hand also via my homework?
7. Get out of hand
– to end up being difficult or impossible to control
Example:I think we will have to get rid of that brand-new English teacher; she just can’t manage the youngsters. Today was the 3rd day in a row I noticed points acquiring out of hand in her English class.
8. Pay (someone) a back-handed lutz-heilmann.infopliment
– to insult someone by giving – what appears on the surchallenge to be – a lutz-heilmann.infopliment
Example: Sally: Oh, Rita, you’re so lucky you don’t need to concern around males only liking you for your looks. Rita: Thanks a lot, Sally, you’ve always been good at earlier handed lutz-heilmann.infopliments, haven’t you?
9. An old hand at (doing something)
– someone that is skilled and also incredibly excellent at doing something
Example:You must contact Dan to settle those lights in the bedroom, he’s an old hand at anything to execute through electrics.
10. Hand also it to someone
– to admit, maybe reluctantly, that someone deserves crmodify or praise for doing something well.
See more: What Does It Mean When Boys Ask Why I Wear Makeup, Here"S What You Should Do
Example:You’ve obtained to hand it to Jachild, he can be the many annoying male in the office however the organization he brings in keeps a lot of of us in job-related.
http://www.learn-english-this day.lutz-heilmann.info/idioms/idiom-categories/body/hands1.html http://www.idiomlink.lutz-heilmann.info/armhand also.html#A5