1. The day of wrath, that awful day, shall reduce the world to ashes, as David and also the Sibyl prophesied.
You are watching: Dies irae gregorian chant sheet music
2. How great will be the terror, when the Judge shall come to research all points rigorously!
3. The trumpet, through astounding blast, echoing over the sepulchers of the whole people, shall compel all prior to the throne.
4. Death and nature will certainly stand aghast, once the creature shall rise aget, to answer prior to his Judge.
5. The created book shall be lugged forth, containing all for which the world should be judged.
6. When, therefore, the Judge shall be seated, whatsoever is surprise shall be lugged to light, naught shall remain unpunished.
7. What then shall I, unhappy man, allege? Whom shall I invoke as protector? When even the just shall hardly be secure.
8. O King of awful majesty, who of thy complimentary gift savest them that are to be conserved, save me, O fount of mercy!
9. Remember, O loving Jesus, ‘twas for my sake thou camest on earth, let me not then be shed on that day.
10. Seeking me thou didst sit weary, thou didst redeem me by dying on the cross, let not such enduring be all in vain.
11. O righteous Awarder of retribution, approve me the gift of pardon prior to the day of reckoning.
12. I groan as one guilty, while my countenance blushes for my fault: O spare thy supplicant, O God!
13. Thou who didst absolve Mary
14. My prayers are not worthy, yet thou that art great, give in thy kindness that I may not burn in the everlasting fire.
15. Give me a area among thy sheep and sepaprice me from the goats, setting me on thy right side.
16. When the reprobate, covered through confusion, shall have actually been sentenced to the cruel flames, speak to me with the blessed.
See more: List Of The Big O Season 2 Episode 13 Online Streaming, List Of The Big O Episodes
17. Prostprice in supplication I implore thee, with a heart contrite as though cruburned to ashes, O have actually a treatment of my last hour!
18. A mournful day that day shall be, as soon as from the dust shall arise
19. guilty male, that he may be judged; therefore, spare him, O God!
20. O tender Lord Jesus, approve them eternal remainder.
Note: Music from the Parish Book of Chant (CMAA, 2012, page 156) and supplied via permission from The Church Music Association of America. Publication deserve to be purchased at amazon.com and also is also available by downpack from http://media.musicasacra.com/pdf/pbc-internet.pdf