Craig Robinkid returns as the Pontiac Bandit in a near-perfect episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Read our review!
This Brooklyn Nine-Nine evaluation includes spoilers.
You are watching: Brooklyn nine-nine season 6 episode 5
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Seaboy 6 Episode 5
How do you ease the pain of shedding a fan-favorite Brooklyn Nine-Nine character? Well, you compensate by bringing ago a various fan favorite! Yes, everyone’s favorite criminal Doug Judy, aka the Pontiac Bandit, returned to the Nine-Nine world this week to when aacquire team-up through his ideal buddy and regular devil, Jake Peralta, to catch a copycat auto jacker.
Craig Robinson’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine appearances as Judy generally cause the series’ incredibly best episodes, and also I’m happy to report that his latest drop-in lives as much as the high traditional that he and also the creating team have collection. Samberg and Robinboy plainly have actually a blast playing off one an additional and each time that they team-up, their characters become also even more hilariously chummy. If the rest of the BK99 actors ever before gets worn down of making the display, a spin-off starring Samberg and Robinson as pop-society referencing vice detectives would be the absolute best-case scenario.
Each seaboy has had actually its Pontiac Bandit episode, through part of the fun being that Robinkid gets to bounce off a different member of the precinct. After replacing Holt’s precious auto, spfinishing a cruise with Jake and Amy, and also continuously crushing on Rosa, “A Tale of Two Bandits” lastly finds Terry recorded in Judy’s orlittle bit, and he’s having namong Jake and also Doug’s buddy-buddy regimen or Judy’s basic laid-back demeanor. After discovering evidence of a copycat automobile jacker, Terry instantly suspects Judy, though Peralta doesn’t want to think that his friend has returned to a life of crime. When they decide to look right into Judy, they make the surprising discovery that he’s passed ameans, however any long-time viewer knows this is simply an additional one of Judy’s cons. Peralta and also Terry attfinish his funeral to look for one more potential suspect, meeting Judy’s sister Trudy in the procedure. It’s quickly revealed that Judy is still alive, and he explains that he’s faked his fatality because this copycat has stolen crime boss Stefano Lucas’ auto. Despite Terry’s misgivings, Peralta gets caught up in the natural banter and chemistry he has actually via Judy and invites him when again to consult on the situation.
read more: The Best Brooklyn Nine-Nine Episodes
After some bar mitzvah shenanigans, points gain complex in a hurry as soon as it transforms out that Judy’s sister is behind the copycat thefts, making use of Doug’s old journal as a overview. Nicole Byer, who plays Trudy Judy, is typically also over-the-height and also for my tastes, but she keeps things restrained and also stays clear of her normal instincts to ham it up. Trudy plays the victim, and also being the protective big brother that he is, Doug tells Terry that he’ll help lead them to Stefano and recoup the car if it indicates a lessened sentence for his sister. So, via one more Judy sibling in the mix, the foursome job-related to recover the stolen car and set up a sting operation on Stefano. After the auto is secured and also the sting is set, the automobile unexpectedly explodes, and Trudy gets away in the process. It’s then revealed that Trudy is reduced from the exact same fabric as her brvarious other, as she was functioning both Doug and also the police to secure an chance to flee. It’s a fun twist on the way that Doug routinely slips through Jake’s fingers by double-crossing him that finds Doug on the receiving finish of a con. At the end of the day, Trudy escapes, but Doug stays clean, to the delight of Jake.
At the same time, the rest of the Nine-Nine uncover themselves in a drinking competition with the New York Fire Department over squatting civil liberties at their favorite local hangout, Shaw’s. It’s the perfect B-plot because it’s a basic premise that includes the remainder of the cast and also finds each of them displaying the irquirky personality traits, with the kicker being that they’re obtaining progressively more intoxicated as the episode goes on. I’ve been saying it a lot lately, yet Amy gets the funniest product, as we’re reminded of the many stperiods of drunk Amy. Also, shouts out to the electronic camera work when Boyle attempts to provide a motivational speech. Things look downbest cinematic before Boyle pukes and also the photo reverts back to normal. When it shows up that they’re going to shed the drinking challenge, Holt procedures in at the last minute to support his colleagues, even if Shaw’s floors are far also sticky.
Overall, this is a close to perfect episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, sindicate because it shores on friends like Peralta and Judy and also the rest of the Nine-Nine crew via one, via everyone just enjoying each other’s agency. It’s shame that we’ll more than likely need to wait for Seakid 7 (if tright here will certainly even be a Seakid 7) prior to we gain another Craig Robinson guest spot, however if this episode is any type of indication, it’ll be worth the wait.
– “You know that else was funny? Bill Cosby!” – Boyle
– The Pontiac Bandit has actually appeared so frequently that even Jake can’t keep all of his appearances directly.
– Doug Judy has told his mommy that Jake is his assistant Mangy Carl, and also that he’s an architect working on LeBron James’ college for babsence astronauts.
– Part of Mangy Carl’s unfortunate back (ahem) story is that he got some back-alley butt implants that turned out to just be mulch. Yikes.
– Holt is exceptionally upset that the philharmonic has included another piccolo. The audacity!
– “Get ready for the backdraft, bitch.” – Hitchcock
– Jake have the right to confirm as soon as Judy attests that no one likes hip-hop more than a thirteen-year-old Jewish boy.
– The finest scene in the episode hands-dvery own is when Jake and Doug have fun rhyming the word “Judy.”
– Just for my own documents, three-drink Amy is Dancy Pants Amy, four-drink Amy is Horny Amy, and also nine-drink Amy speaks French. Rosa indicate that four-drink Amy need to really be reworn down in the #MeToo era.
– Another standout joke is Doug assuming that Terry is a pervert bereason of his suspenders. He thinks that Terry needs to “tie his pants dvery own to keep them from flying off.”
– It is revealed that Judy has actually an avariation to fire, which leads to Jake comparing him to The Hound, and Judy comparing Jake to Arya from Video Game of Thrones.
– Hearing Holt say “Ya boy’s turnt” added 5 years to my life.
See more: Book Review: Dusk Or Dark Or Dawn Or Day By Seanan Mcguire, Dusk Or Dark Or Dawn Or Day
Nick Harley is a tortured Cleveland sports fan, thinks Douglas Sirk would certainly have actually made a killer Batmale movie, Spider-Man need to be a big-budacquire HBO series, and also Wes Anderson and also Paul Thomas Anderboy should straight a manuscript composed by one an additional. For even more thoughts choose these, review Nick’s work-related right here at Den of Geek or follow him on Twitter.