You are watching: A walk in the woods test
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 brief answer inquiries, 10 short essay concerns, and also 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wright here perform Katz and Brychild agree to proceed their hike in August?
2. What is the total walking distance of the typical Amerideserve to in one week?
3. What risks do hikers need to watch for in Pennsylvania?
4. What is the percent of with hikers who make it to the Hundred Mile Wilderness?
5. Who maintains the stone lodges which are situated in the White Mountains?
Brief Essay Questions
1. Summarize the plans Brychild and Katz make now that they have completed the first stage of their hiking journey.
2. Describe the summit of Mount Washington in New Hampshire.
3. Summarize the weather conditions in which a lot of human being autumn victim to hypothermia.
4. Summarize the statistics Laurie Potteiger, the Information Specialist at Harper's Ferry, gives to Bryson about the variety of thru hikers that hiked the Appalachian Trail the year before.
5. Summarize what Katz does to pass the time while Brychild is at Kmart.
6. Summarize Bryson's endure hiking in Pennsylvania.
7. Describe Kitattiny Mountain and also exactly how it was developed.
8. Summarize why Bryson is so angry around Katz drinking aobtain.
9. Describe what is killing the hemlock trees along the AT in the Blue Ridge Mountains and just how is it being treated.
10. Describe Chicken John's case to fame.
See more: Why Is The Supremacy Clause Considered To Be “The Root Of Federalism”?
Write an essay for ONE of the adhering to topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Summarize just how Bryson uses neighborhood color and also imagery to describe the wilderness and the towns he and also Katz visit.
2) Cite descriptive examples of trees, wildlife, watermethods, towns, shelters, and also motels.
3) Does the imagery Brykid provides depict a clear and precise photo of the wilderness and also communities alengthy the Appalachian Trail? Exordinary.
Essay Topic 2
1) Describe the distinctions between Bryson"s hike via Katz alengthy the Appalachian Trail and the day hikes he takes through Pennsylvania.
2) Why is Brychild frustrated with his hiking experience in Pennsylvania?
Essay Topic 3
1) Discuss how Bill Bryboy grows as a character from the beginning of the book to the end.
2) How perform his mindsets change toward life and also hiking?
3) How does his perspective about his lifestyle change?
4) What are the distinctions in his mindset towards human being from the start of his journey to the end?